Skip to content
Mentora College of Business & Technology
Canadian College & University Partners
Free English Level Test
MLA PLacement Test
If you are human, leave this field blank.
Request Start Date
Personal Description Questions
Where are you from?
How old are you?
11 - 16
17 - 22
23 - 29
Do you speak any other languages?
If yes, which other language do you speak?
If other, please specify:
What are you studying / did you study in college/university in your country, and why did you choose it?
What are you most interested in doing or seeing in Toronto?
What are your goals during your time at this school?
Write a brief description about your hometown:
1. He’s _____ doctor.
2. I _____ from Italy.
3. I _____ thirty. I’m thirty-one.
4. The three brothers are _____ .
5. Is _____ your pen?
6. The capital city of Australia _____ Canberra.
7. _____ time is it?
8. Hilary can’t sing but she _____ play the guitar.
9. _____ sushi?
Does you like
Do you like
10. There _____ two sofas in the room.
11. I _____ very busy at work last week.
12. _____ brother is Tomas.
13. The sofa is _____ the two windows.
14. My family has a dog. _____ dog’s name is Coco.
15. Rich _____ Jenny on Saturdays.
16. What _____ you _____ to do for fun?
do / like
does / like
are / like
is / like
17. Sorry, there isn’t _____ milk.
18. I _____ university in 2012.
19. The blue whale is _____ animal in the world.
20. Right now, they _____ friends.
21. _____ eat at a restaurant tonight?
Are you going to
You going to
22. _____ the programme about whales on TV last night?
Have you seen
Have you ever seen
Did you see
Did you seen
23. ____ it ____ sunny tomorrow?
Will / be
Will / being
Will / is
Be / will
24. Is there _____ for me in the mail today?
25. Quick! We _____ be late for the start of the film.
don't have to
26. Can you believe it? Ricardo is as _____ as Enrique.
27. The butler was cleaning the bedrooms when he _____ a loud noise.
28. We need to go to the supermarket _____ some vegetables.
29. This is the cable _____ connects the computer to the printer.
30. If you heat water, it _____ .
31. All our coffee _____ in Ethiopia.
32. The telephone _____ by Alexander Graham Bell.
33. When we got to Munich, our luggage _____ .
34. The family said they _____ to talk to the press.
35. Would you walk to work if the weather _____ nice?
36. We _____ around Asia next year.
're going to travel
going to travel
37. Mrs. Grey is _____ managing director of this company.
38. _____ candidate needs to complete all the stages of the competition.
Each of the
All of the
39. A new stadium _____ next to the swimming pool.
is being built
40. The book _____ me for my birthday is really interesting.
who you gave
, that you gave
41. He was curious and wanted to know how long _____ to take.
is it going
it was going
42. He _____ a long story about his family.
said to me
told to me
43. The customs officer _____ show him our passports.
asked us to
asked to us to
ask us to
44. The store manager _____ the customer a refund for the torn dress, but he didn’t.
must have offered
should have offered
45. We _____ in a hotel, but we decided to rent an apartment instead.
could have stayed
couldn't have stayed
could be staying
46. The teacher _____ she _____ our homework back tomorrow.
told us / would give
told us to / would give
told / will give
told us / gives
47. If I _____ my English exam, I would have got a better job.
had been passing
48. By the time I quit my job, I _____ enough money to buy a car.
will have earned
will be earning
am going to earn
49. It’s not worth _____ your life to get there more quickly. Drive more slowly!
50. The class chose _____ for the exam this term.
to not register
not to register
to register not
not register to
51. The team would _____ now if their plane hadn’t been delayed.
52. _____ the Prime Minister was going to resign.
They report that
It reported that
It was reported that
They were reported that
53. The house _____ to belong to Sting, has been sold for $2 million.
, that used
, which used
54. Isabel just _____ working so hard. The new job was a shock!
didn't use to
didn't used to
isn't used to
55. Jake _____ beating his personal 400m record.
has succeeded in
56. Peter _____ enter the competition, but then he injured his ankle.
is going to
was going to
57. “Your hair looks great!” “Thanks, I _____ yesterday.”
got it cut
58. The food was so bad the girls wouldn’t eat it; _____ to eat it.
even the boys refused
the boys refused
even refused the boys
the boys refused even
59. I need to get _____ . The rain is coming in!
repaired my roof
my roof repairing
my roof repaired
repair my roof
60. _____ in the USA for four years, I can now speak English fluently.
In order to live
So that I lived
Because of living
61. When they opened the curtains they saw that it was _____ day.
an absolutely fine
absolutely a nice
an absolutely beautiful
absolutely a beautiful
62. There are lots of copper coins and a few _____ in the box.
63. You must leave now. Otherwise you risk _____ your flight.
64. The manager insists _____ on time in the morning.
to everyone to arrive
on everyone to arrive
on everyone arriving
to everyone arriving
65. The Picts _____ in Scotland before the Romans invaded.
were believed to have living
believed to be living
believe to live
are believed to have lived
66. Congratulations. There’s _____ the marketing campaign has been a huge success.
no suggestion that
no doubt that
no way that
no clear that
67. Never _____ seeing how he looked when he was in the hospital. He looked awful.
will I forget
I will forget
won't I forget
68. The pretty little brown dog was _____ .
69. _____ your husband forgot your wedding anniversary, what would you do?
70. _____ the competition would be so strong, I wouldn’t have entered the race.
If I knew
Had I known
Did I know
Would I know
Page load link
Go to Top