Mentora Language Academy Toronto to Relaunch Fall 2020!
In accordance with Languages Canada and the Health guidelines of the Federal, Provincial and Municipal Government Authorities, we will be reopening and operating in a way that prioritizes the safety of our students, staff, host families, and community.
Classrooms will be in a blended format of Face to Face and Virtual with the physical portion being offered 3 times/week, with no more than 3-5 students in a given classroom.
As we evaluate the situation further, we will then resume regular class schedules. Additional measures include:
Monitoring of staff and students
- Staff will conduct daily monitoring of students for visible cold, flu, fever or existing COVID-19 related symptoms. If any symptoms are present, students will be asked to return home immediately.
- Likewise, any staff displaying COVID-19 related symptoms will be required to return home immediately.
- Anyone who has been sent home for these reasons shall not be allowed back into the school until a medical practitioner has confirmed they are clear of these symptoms and/or the person in question has been subject to self-isolation or quarantine for a period recommended by the public health authority (e.g. 14 days) or have tested negative for COVID-19 and can produce evidence of such.
- Daily attendance will be taken of staff, students and visitors which can be provided, if necessary, to clinical authorities for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Occupancy in classrooms and communal spaces will be managed to allow the recommended minimum distance between students and staff (2 metres).
- Classrooms will be arranged in such a way that students do not directly face one another.
- Occupancy limit signage will be displayed at the entrance of each classroom and common space.
- Timetables will be staggered to reduce student contact between classes and during breaks, when necessary.
- Pedagogical models will be adopted, when necessary, that manage higher risk activities such as group and pair work, providing guidance for communication and interaction to facilitate these activities.
- No onsite social activities until further notice.
- Public spaces and communal areas will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day, with emphasis on high touch surfaces such as front desk, door handles, desks, light switches, tables, shared computer equipment.
- Washrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily, with more frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Communally used objects (e.g. coffee-makers, shared utensils/plates, microwaves) will be off-limits until further notice.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all communal spaces and classrooms.
- Adequate hand-washing facilities, including soap and paper towel driers, will be provided.
- Instructional signage will be displayed in all restrooms and sinks, such as that provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Orientation shall include training on required hand washing, cough/sneeze technique. Everyone will be advised to wash hands or use hand sanitizer: upon arrival; before eating or drinking; before preparing food; after touching shared items; after using the washroom; after handling garbage; and before leaving the school.
Personal Protective Equipment
Until otherwise noted, masks and/or face shields will be a requirement for all staff/students on site. These will be provided by the School.
- Ensure that students are aware of and committed to their requirements for mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival to Canada;
- Provide all necessary arrangements for students’ safe travel and quarantine (homestay/hotel)
- Monitor and support students throughout the duration of their quarantine;
- Provide information to on available resources specific to supporting mental health in a time of a pandemic, such as those provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada other resources available from health authorities.
- Maintain regular communication/check-ins with students/staff on mandatory self-isolation.
While we remain committed to a high level of academic infrastructure, providing fun and enriched learning experiences and the expert teachers/staff that students have come to expect from us, we are continually assessing the COVID situation in our community and as such, plans are subject to change.
For any further information, please contact us.
See you soon!
Emrah K. Oyman
Executive Director of Operations